Large group of international exchange students have been asked what is weird in Denmark:
• How can you like the rain? Is that the reason why the buildings are so fancy?
• Leaving babies outside of shops in the cold
• Square pillows - why do you need so much extra height? People’s heads aren’t that tall!
• Overwhelming hospitality
• Breaking and making cultural stereotypes at will - this leads to contrast, surprise, and confusion
• Spending time on many meetings and talking about many things at work and at study places without reaching an immediate conclusion
• Blossoming flowers in my neighbour’s garden
• The combination of social welfare state and personal freedoms
• EU membership without using euro
• klippekort (ten-trip transportation card)
• Bananas taste unripe
• People on the street play beautiful music
Looks like Danish penis is the biggest in Europe according to a comprehensive study by the German media Focus Online ( press for more information).
Congratulations DANISH MEN!
This says pretty much all about “What it is like when you visit Denmark for the first time?”
1. Ask “How are You”
2. Speak their language
3. Fail to signal in a bike line
4. Wear your sweatpants in public
5.Smile at their children (or dogs)
6. Act like a human at a grocery store
Seems awkward and strange? The 6 steps come from this article http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/how-to-piss-off-a-dane/